My P. Cambridgei Sling died

Okitasoshi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm not sure what exactly happened, he was fine one day and i fed him well, but just today i found him dead. I kept him pretty dry with the occasional squirt for a little water, he had a little burrow and seemed fine yesterday. I'm thinking maybe he ate a bad cricket or something. But anyways my question is, is do they require anything super special? cause i kept him pretty much like my other spiders, and they're doing fine. Any suggestions for the future?

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm not the expert here on P. cambridgei slings, but I did raise one up. I keep my psalm slings pretty humid. I add a small piece of sphagnum moss to my usual soil mix to keep the humidity up and always keep that piece damp. I find that the moss doesn't mold up or anything. Right now, I've got a teeny P. irminia and it's humid in there too. They are fairly hardy, so I'm not sure if keeping it dry is what did it in, but I was under the impression that psalms slings are better off with more humidity, not dry.

Anyway, sorry for your loss.:(

Last edited:

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I can't say for sure about slings, since I got my P. cambridgei as a sub-adult, but I keep her on the drier side. I try to mist occasionally, but she's definitely not moist. Not sure if the same would go for slings though. But like Jodi said, they are pretty hardy and I don't consider them requiring any sort of special care or set-up. Sorry for your loss! :(

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no worries

i am raising a p. cambridgei sling now and like some of the others said, i keep them pretty humid??? them both have webbed up their tubes..i use peat moss as a substrate...i keep them at about 82 degrees, and ya sorry for ur lost....

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Okitasoshi said:
I'm not sure what exactly happened, he was fine one day and i fed him well, but just today i found him dead. I kept him pretty dry with the occasional squirt for a little water, he had a little burrow and seemed fine yesterday. I'm thinking maybe he ate a bad cricket or something. But anyways my question is, is do they require anything super special? cause i kept him pretty much like my other spiders, and they're doing fine. Any suggestions for the future?
Somethings slings die for no apparent reason. These are pretty hardy from what I understand. It's likely you kept yours well enough assuming you did the basics, feed it regularly, at least a misting a week.