Tarantulas in Alaska

ArachnoSoldier

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello, I've been out of the Tarantula loop for a very long time, and since I'm finally settled, I'm ready to jump back in. One problem though. I live in Alaska now. I had gotten several T's from Botar back in the day, and other various exotic shops around. I just have no idea where to start up here. I'm in anchorage and the most interesting T I've seen was a avic of sorts at Petco. If anybody knows any breeders or dealers up here please let me know. Also web sites of breeders who will ship and are reliable.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Anyone in the US can ship to you (takes two days at least), so I suggest cruising the FS section for things you want and checking out the review sections for dealers and online sellers.

Sooner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm not sure but can Canadian dealers ship across international borders to Alaska? It may be slightly closer. I know there are a few invert dealers in the NW Pacific area of the continental US.

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello i live in soldotna, and i get all my stuff off the internet i think anchorage is only overnight so i wouldnt worry about ordering, but i got quite a few Ts if there is something you are looking for let me know i got like 40 Ts and 20 something diferent kinds and im sure we could meet or something. i go to anchorage quite a bit.

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I bought my female for 250 euros (about 350 dollars). I'm happy to live in europe. :D

SandyMuffinCakes94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello, I've been out of the Tarantula loop for a very long time, and since I'm finally settled, I'm ready to jump back in. One problem though. I live in Alaska now. I had gotten several T's from Botar back in the day, and other various exotic shops around. I just have no idea where to start up here. I'm in anchorage and the most interesting T I've seen was a avic of sorts at Petco. If anybody knows any breeders or dealers up here please let me know. Also web sites of breeders who will ship and are reliable.
Better beat me to them sir :p and no i haven't found any breeders up here yet i grab mine from local pet stores. I use Reptist he has the cheapest shipping so far that i've delt with. Also ALasakareptiles.com she has some tarantulas for sale just 2 though and the purple avic is expensive. At least you have petco im stuck in wasilla with over priced petzoo haha. Also just give the breeders your zip they should be able to call their shipping people to find out if overnight, i live in the stix not in the city and am able to receive overnight delivery. You just have to make sure you get your tarantulas u want shipped before september. ;l

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The internet is all there is up here. Unless ,of course, you want a huge collection of G. Rosea, thats all petco ever has. You will have no problem getting overnight orders in Anchoarge. I have even ordered in the dead of winter.

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Anyone in the US can ship to you (takes two days at least), so I suggest cruising the FS section for things you want and checking out the review sections for dealers and online sellers.

I only order express. If the dealer sends it out in the morning I will have it the next afternoon.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I only order express. If the dealer sends it out in the morning I will have it the next afternoon.
That has failed three times with me shipping there so far so nothing is guaranteed. I plan for two days at least now when I ship up there.

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That has failed three times with me shipping there so far so nothing is guaranteed. I plan for two days at least now when I ship up there.
If it goes to anchorage it is 24 hr but if it has to be trucked any where, like down to the kenai peninsula where i am at it takes an extra day, but anchorage is 24.

SandyMuffinCakes94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If it goes to anchorage it is 24 hr but if it has to be trucked any where, like down to the kenai peninsula where i am at it takes an extra day, but anchorage is 24.
topic: like i said u can try calling ups, fedex, etc. to see if u get overnight delivery, i would think the airport in soldotna could transport mail??

off topic:
im going to sterling in july is there any petstores in soldotna? im bringing my snakes and would like to get another friend while im camping hehe

tin man

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im in palmer not to far away from wasilla but i stop in at petzoo about once a week and everyonce in a while they will have a pretty good deal. I just recently bought a 4 inch female cobalt blue from them for 30 dollars. and a 4 inch haplopelma longiceps for 13 dollars. i would say that is prety fair. however i am not impressed with the little knowledge they have about spider. if you ask them to ship something in for you (as long as its a pretty common species) they possibly will. they have for me:)

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
topic: like i said u can try calling ups, fedex, etc. to see if u get overnight delivery, i would think the airport in soldotna could transport mail??

off topic:
im going to sterling in july is there any petstores in soldotna? im bringing my snakes and would like to get another friend while im camping hehe
Ya there is one if you go through soldotna to the intersection of the sterling highway and K-beach take K-beach and about a mile or a mile and a half there is a big two story with a single story next door on the left. Its called our best friends. There not to bad, and they are way overpriced, but there is some snakes and Ts.

morg59jeep

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just moved to Anchorage a few months ago and have slings for sale or trade. Are there any online classifieds here in Alaska?