alaska

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
:( i live in alaska on the kenai peninsula is there any body up here that has inverts or looking for traids? my centipede died last week

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What kind was it? Maybe a Sc. heros would be good there since you don't have to worry about keeping them warm in the winter, as long as they don't freeze.

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
it was a baby s.s.malaysian giant that i got from ken, but i have a room that i built that is at 80 deg during the day and 75 at night with a 50 - 60 percent humidity in the room so i know it wasnt the cold, but ya i think one of the heros would be awsome but the problem is getting it here before april due to the temp outr side being below 30 degrese constantly whitch is why i am tring to find some body in the state with the same interests as me with the off chance they have pedes whitch i doubt, i am begining to think i am the only one in the state that likes inverts. seriously!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just not a whole lot of invert people compared to people that like the more common stuff. I've always liked bug stuff, reps and amphibians. Now I've gone almost all invert. They seem more interesting and need less maintenance at the same time if you ask me. Is it hard to mail stuff from the states to Alaska too, I've never tried. Or is it just the temps during mailing you are worried about? I have one of those pedes by the way, think I got it from Ken too. It's one of only two subspinipes I've got. I think I had a pair but I accidentally killed one:8o .

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i was the same way all i got left of the anphibians is my two african bull frogs and i keep them around to keep my roach colony in check, hungry buggers. getting stuff here is easy but it takes two days to get here so it is pushing it in the heat pack they use , ken packs really good in a styrofoam box inside cardgoard box and uses a heat pack it is always warm when it gets here but he wont ship below 30 deg, its like 9 below right now so no shipping, especially for pedes there tuchy little buggers, not to mention shipping is like 35 dollars a pop