p cambridgei sling feeding info

Dreamslave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Can i feed my p cambridgei sling with crickets slightly bigger than him?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You can try but don't leave it in there if it's not taken right away. A cricket larger than your sling could easily injure your sling. The next step (if that's the smallest you can get) would be to crush the head of the small crickets rendering them severly disabled. That might get them to pounce on the food. Lastly, if those don't work, you can just put some cricket pieces in there, like a leg or a mangled body. A lot of times, sling will walk into a freshly killed food like that and start feeding. Give those a try and let us know if any of them worked. Good luck.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I sometimes feed my slings larger prey. I just crush the heads, I've never had a problem yet.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't need to. I've see slings literally ride onto their prey and succeeding in killing it. If it can overpower it it will. If the cricket is still alive a few hours later I retrieve it. Very small cubes of raw chicken were useful to fatten my slings. Just tie it to a bit of hair or other organic thin tether and dangle it in front of the spider.

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
prekill

Either headcrush or prekill, no probs. I actually put my roaches and crix in the freezer because I don't like the "crrrrrrunch" of headcrushing. I'm a wuss. For live feeding, a half hour in the frig also makes any roach a LOT slower, and easier to nab.