P. cambridgei sling care

hardtohandle

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I recently acquired a P. cambridgei sling (1 inch DLS) and is currently in a vial with holes only on the top of the lid. I would like to know if its current enclosure would suffice of do I have to treat it like some Avicularias and rehouse it in a new enclosure with plenty of holes for humidity...

As much as I would want to believe that it will survive on me by virtue of being able to raise an Avic from sling to adult, I know that sling care is tricky so any help coming from the experts here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Sabatta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I moved mine into a 1kg peanut butter jar when it was about 1" and it did fine. Give it a good sized log to build tunnels around and keep about an inch or two of coco fiber at the base. Make sure it stays humid and your T should do fine.

Here is my P Cambridgei when I had her in the pb jar:

She has recently outgrown that house (approx 3" ls) so I moved her to a larger arborial tank. Here she is chillin' with her little isopod buddy:

Last edited:

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have 2 cambridgei slings I got when they were about 2cm legspan. I keep them in 6cm tall plastic vials with plenty of holes in the lid but none in the sides. They seem to be thriving, both have molted twice since I got them in January. The first time they gained 0.5cm but last week they both popped again and doubled in size to just over 4cm :eek: So gonna have to rehome them soon as they now nearly stretch from the floor to the lid.

hardtohandle

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the replies!

The sling is doing fine and it is currently turned itself into a burrower and made a curtain out of its substrate, heheheh!